If you have time, spend some time in the City of Brotherly Love, Philly!

 I recently spent a week in Philadelphia for a conference. Th conference was so educational but the sight seeing was amazing. This city is full of history, culture, stories, architecture and the food!! I think I gained 10 pounds. I suggest you take a ride on the Tour Bus around the city to see Market st., Independence center and Liberty Bell. This will give you a good idea on where all the amazing sights. You can get on and off and they run every half hour until 5:30 or 6.

 There are so many museums, I spent two hours walking through the Museum of the American Revolution. Picture here is the library. I was so memorized by the architecture. Every building, every turn, every where. I took so many pictures of pieces of buildings. The trim, the details, the colors and all the hard work and pride that went into these buildings. Simple beautiful.
 Listening to the history of this beautiful city while on the tour bus, I took the Big Bus and the day was so perfect as you can see in the photos. It was as a blue sky day and the temperature was perfect for walking and riding. Hearing about Ben Franklin, who seem to build the city. He created the first fire company. He started fire insurance to support the fire company. There pictures of him everywhere, statues and he had a hand in all of it.

I am looking forward to going back with family and friends and walking all over the city. When visiting the city, you need to eat and boy, was there all kinds of food. If you go, spend a hungry afternoon at the Reading Terminal Market. Everything and anything you want to eat is there. There is even a bar in the back or a place to get a drink to walk around with. You can eat fresh baked cookies, cakes and apple dumplings the size of a softball with fresh whipped cream. You can eat cheesesteak, hamburgers, sushi, seafood, ice cream from a company that is a hundred plus years strong - Bassett. I ate there several days during the week. I tried the seafood and had a crabcake with zucchini and broccoli sides, cheesesteak and fries and chinese food. My favorite was the Corned Beef Rueben with the latkas that I finished off with the Amish Apple Dumpings with cream. I was amazing.

 At night there were so many choices and I tried as many as I could. I had a fajita at the Hard Rock Cafe, Lobster Pizza at the Iron Hill Brewery, and the most delicious Italian food at Maggiano's. Every bite was amazing including the desserts I finished my day with. I really do feel like I ate my way through the city. I have included more of the pictures I took along the way. Dave was not able to join in on my trip so we are planning a trip where we can spend more time checking out all the sites.

I still have to climbing the Rocky steps and get my picture taken with the statue. The stories of this city are many and so endearing. I will go back many times to see the museums filled with art, history and beauty. I do need to make it to Chinatown!
I will have more about the next leg of the trip in NJ!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Morning, I made it through another week, looking forward to this one!

Friday!

The Weekend!