It's a Jenn thing, I need to find my style so I can decorate my new abode. (once we find it)

 So here is a question for you, do you style around the style of the house or around your style or is it a combination of both? Where do you start? I am looking for a beachy feel but I find what I pick out does not always go with what I am trying to achieve. 

The first thing I think I should do is determine the color scheme for the living room. I am in love with Navy and white but ALSO loving teal and orange colors together. 

What do you think of these colors? or something in that range. I have always wanted teal and orange accents. I love these colors but I am just not sure this is where I should start. I have heard you should start with something you love and try to move outward from there. 


So if that is true, I love these. For my wall. I was thinking about getting these for my office at work but what if I used these as the first piece in my design? I think these pillows would work but I want something darker. Maybe a beige or tan couch and some accent pillows in this realm. These wall hangings I think are a must-have for the start of my design.


Next is thinking about the style of furniture, and what I like. I feel like this is the hardest part. I like so much stuff. But do I like it? I like comfort and oversized furniture. I recently purchase a couch and chair with an ottoman from the Market place but had to sell them when I moved to Florida. I would like to find something just like those. It was oversized and in an off-white color. The problem is oversized furniture is not always going to fit in an apartment, condo, or house. It really depends on the size of the rooms.


This is similar to what I was describing above. I think I could work and the color scheme I picked out. Just switch out the throw pillows for ones in my accent colors. I love the idea of solid color pillows but a few with patterns may add to the style I am going for. Comfy, cozy, and bohemian?  I am just not sure what you might call it. Relaxation is for sure it! 

Here a few choices of pillows or pillow covers that I am leaning towards. They must have the colors from the palette above but I am so drawn to this style. the pattern, the coloring the detail. The pattern pillow below can make a great accent to the couch or chair in these pictures. I may like these large, oversized couches but my husband is hoping for a recliner. I like a good recliner, but I find that a comfortable one is often hard to find. Plus, they are all so ucky looking. I want style and comfort. not always easy to find. Look below for a few I kinda like but am just not sure. 
I am thinking that these combinations need to be balanced with some darker teals. I do have a few handmade pottery bowls that would go great with this color scheme and decor. 

Is this too much? I find these to be so pretty, but I think they might just be a little too cheeky for my home. I love great pictures so I think I will either paint my own or find something not so cheeky. that being said, I may just get these for my office. Everyone needs inspiration in their office. I love flowers and words of peace! click here for more info!







I also love baskets and that seems to be such a big thing nowadays in decor. When I was a kid, I remember my mom had this large basket, it was like an end table it was talk and deep and had a lid. I loved that basket. I have looked for something similar but never found just the right one. I have found a few that I like and would do but I am going to look for more before I make my final decision. This basket has nice look to it and a flat top. I want to store my yarn in it or maybe the stuff for when guests come to stay. 

I am thinking that maybe my style is starting to come together. Add to it some homemade items, crocheted pillows or some macrame plants hangers or wall hangings.  The recliner below is what I would pick to go with my comfort zone. I know my husband does not like leather so something like this in a different fabric will have to do. The recliner also needs to have lots of extras, sound, cup holders and swivel/rocking are necessities. 

Ok, So now you know what I am thinking. I think I have a coffee table that is from an old tree slab my grandfather started and my dad is going to finish for me. It is not beachy but it means the most to me. 
I also have lots of Mexican art to add to the walls, which tends to be bright colored and fun. If it all comes together, it will be gorgeous! and I will love it or it could just look like a big mess. 

Let me know your decorating ideas! I know I need them. Links to any of the items I discussed today can be found in the text! happy decorating! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Morning, I made it through another week, looking forward to this one!

Friday!

The Weekend!